Balancing the Budget - Holly Herzberg - Superintendent The arrival of a new school year means the Hampton Board of Education will also be adopting a new budget. Due to the requirements of LB644 that went into effect on January 1, 2022, every Hampton taxpayer will receive a postcard in the mail with the new budget, tax request information, and a notice for a joint public hearing to include any county, city, school districts and community colleges with tax requests that exceed 2% plus real growth. Hampton Public School’s real growth increase was calculated to be 0.38%, allowing for a total 2.38% allowable growth increase in taxes for all funds. The Board of Education participated in a budget workshop for the 2022-23 budget on August 29. During the workshop, the board reviewed many historical financial facts and figures, as well as the requirements that impact school finance. The Board will hold the annual budget hearing on Monday, September 12th starting at 7:45 PM in the Board Room. The proposed budget for 2022-23 includes a tax asking for each fund ~ General Fund $2,442,875 ($0.696 levy), the Bond Fund $565,240 ($0.161 levy), and the QCPUF Fund $132,867 ($0.0379). This is a $98,259 total increase in tax asking for ALL funds (3.2%) and a total levy of $0.895 ($0.0144 increase). Patrons interested in learning more about the budget and tax request should make plans to join us on Monday, September 12th at 7:45 PM at the Hampton Public School Board Room or Monday, September 26, at 6:00 PM in Aurora at the city offices. Students have completed their fall assessments in grades K-11. Students participated in MAP Fluency, MAP Growth, or NSCAS Growth assessments depending on their grade level. Teachers will be sharing student performance results with parents during conferences on September 28th. If you have questions regarding any of the information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
21 days ago, Kylee Young
We have many articles rolling out during September, make sure to keep an eye out because each one will have some useful information. Here is a preview of the articles.
21 days ago, Isaac
Lady Hawk Volleyball! ▪️Triangular▪️ 🆚 Giltner & Dorchester 📍Dorchester, Ne 🕖6:00pm Giltner and 7:00pm Dorchester 📺 It’s a great day to be a Hawk! 🦅
21 days ago, Kayla Gaughen
Game Day
Learn about this year's quiz bowl team with Grant Ferguson.
22 days ago, Lofton Ferguson
Check out how the band is doing in this interview with Mrs. Farris!
23 days ago, Hayden Farris
Mark your calendar - Picture retake day is September 16th. Picture proofs should be here by the end of the week.
23 days ago, Angie Arndt
August Edition - Sixth Grade Scoop
23 days ago, Desiree Christenson
For Hampton fans traveling to Loomis this Saturday, attached is the 2022 bracket! The Hawks take on Franklin at 9:00 a.m. in the East Gym. If you cannot make the game, here is how to watch. (West Gym) (East Gym)
23 days ago, Carson Klute
Due to conflicts, the Reserve/JV games vs. Sutton scheduled for tomorrow (9/6) has been postponed. More information will be provided if an alternative date can be found.
23 days ago, Carson Klute
Hampton FFA entered over 260 entries at the state fair! Plus students volunteered helping with judging and learning more about crop production from the expert! Results will be posted soon! @hawksffa
25 days ago, Joel Miller
The band performed at several stops at the State Fair today.
27 days ago, Regina Farris
The band performed for a crowd today at the State Fair.
Enjoy supper at the Hawk Concessions tonight! Personal Pan Pizzas, Nachos, Hot Dog & Chips, Plain Pretzels, and Popcorn!
27 days ago, Carson Klute
First home game for the Lady Hawks! ▪️Triangular▪️ 🆚 BDS & EM 📍Hampton, Ne 🕖5:00pm BDS and 7:00pm EM 📺 📻 EMNetwork - It’s a great day to be a Hawk! 🦅
28 days ago, Kayla Gaughen
Game Day
Here is an interview with new teacher and head football coach, Mr. Jones.
29 days ago, Eward Van Landingham
It's not too late to CELEBRATE the Hawk Staff with August Birthdays ~ Misty Mooney, Megan Hudiburgh, Mindy Lewis, and Teya Mason! We appreciate YOU!
29 days ago, Holly Herzberg
three hawks
Hampton Lady Hawks beat McCool Junction and East Butler tonight! Go Hawks! 💜💛🏐💛💜
29 days ago, Angie Arndt
Here's Brayden Dose talking about this year's football season!
30 days ago, Cason Lavender
Tomorrow is school picture day for all students in Preschool - 11th grade. Order forms will be sent home when picture proofs are ready. No need for money tomorrow. Just wear your best smile.
30 days ago, Angie Arndt
Lady Hawks are at it again! ▪️Triangular at East Butler▪️ 📍Brainard, Ne 🕖6:00pm McCool and 7:00pm EB Good Luck!! 🦅
30 days ago, Kayla Gaughen
Game Day
Hampton Lady Hawks JV win tonight against McCool Junction and Giltner! Go Hawks! 🏐💜💛
about 1 month ago, Angie Arndt